Pages

Monday 16 April 2012

And Now We Begin

So finally after months (and I'm talking about MONTHS) of dealing with Mr. Banker and a faceless group of Mr & Mrs. Underwriters, we have finally gotten the keys to the house.  Woohoo!
This has been a long and very frustrating PROCESS which has taken a lot of wind out of our sails but now we can get excited about the house again as work has begun!  And I don't want to bore anyone with tedious details.  If you really want to hear about the ridiculous requests we had to deal with, give me a shout, I can go on for ages.  But moving on ....

Now we weren't really looking to move ... we're very happy in our comfy 4-bed semi-detached home in a nice and quiet estate (read: 'subdivision') in town.  But Stephen's one of those guys who is constantly looking at websites for auto and house sales.  Just out of curiosity.  I think it's an addiction.

And one day last summer he went for a cycle around the roads near his home place (read: 'the place he grew up') and saw a house for sale.  We looked at the listing on-line and I thought he was crazy.  The pictures just did nothing for it.  But he convinced me to take a look and off we went see the house with the auctioneer (read: 'realtor').  And I was convinced.  But it does need work.  A significant amount of it.

And the rest is history (it really is history as it is now nearly 10 months later and we have only just gotten the keys and started the renovations).  Oh right ... I said I was moving on ...  As you can see, I have a hard time letting go ...

I'll go tomorrow and try to get some decent pics of the outside to explain what's going on with it.  But in the meantime here's a pic of the view ... aren't you getting excited too?!




3 comments:

  1. I'm totally excited! Will we be able to get our hands into some reno or will we just be enjoying the fruits of your labour? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be your holidays so whatever floats your boat!

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic view Erica. Hope you are all well. - Scott.

    ReplyDelete