Pages

Wednesday 20 June 2012

A Taste of Progress

As I mentioned yesterday, there has been so much going on at the house while I've been 'away' from the blogging.  Just like when you haven't met up w/ a friend in ages ... where do you begin?  Essentially here's what's been happening:

  • walls have been knocked
  • we've re-lined the walls to improve insulation (and you know when I say 'we', it wasn't really 'ME' doing it)
  • walls are plastered
  • 'we've' done stonework on either side of the fireplace and a bit on the part of the central opening
  • some of the floors needed to be dug up and relaid to get in a waterproof & insulation layer
  • and radiators installed
But that's so BORING.  I know you want pictures!  So again, where to begin .... ahhhh, remember my dining room/play room door dilemma  ... YES, let's start there.

So in the beginning, here's the kitchen/bathroom.  And the central wall is still intact (yellow/peach wall on left)

Central wall knocked out and supported. Tiles gone. Decision made to NOT knock through that blue wall centrally to view into the playroom

Central opening and walls plastered.  Lateral door knocked wider to make way for my 'barn door' 

As you can see it's shaping up!  Now, we just got word a quote for my barn door track came in at over £600 for just the metal track system from a company in the North.  WHAT???!!!!  So I think that plan will be on hold for the moment (because even I recognize that's nuts!) and we'll just 'live in the space for a bit' and see what happens in the future.  Sad? Maybe ... but I got over not having pocket doors pretty quickly so I'm pretty sure I'll be ok with this too.

And from the other direction, I've gotten even newer pics so you can really see that we're ready for floors, painting, and kitchen installation soon soon soon!

Remember the old kitchen ... and those great curtains

Walls gone and kitchen units out

Plastered and pipes in for the radiators.  Thankfully, these floors didn't need to be dug up!

And voila!  Ready for the fun stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment